Sarah M. Washington
Sarah M. Washington concentrates her practice on civil litigation and the defense of licensed professionals.
Sarah is a graduate of The State University of New York at Buffalo and the University at Buffalo School of Law. While in law school, Sarah was active in a number of programs in the law school’s Advocacy Institute, and was selected to represent the school in moot court and trial team competitions. Additionally, Sarah served as the President of the Black Law Student Association (BLSA) during her second year of law school. She was also an Associate on the Buffalo Environmental Law Journal.
While in law school, Sarah was a student law clerk to the Hon. Hugh B. Scott, Magistrate Judge for the Western District of New York. She also interned with the Buffalo Office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Sarah was also involved in the law school’s Pro Se Civil Litigation Practicum in which she provided assistance in navigating legal documents and the court system to pro se litigants at the Help Desk in Erie County Family Court and at the Pro Se Assistance Program in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York.
Did You Know? Sarah, her husband, Shawn, and their daughter reside in Lake View, NY. On the weekends, Sarah can often be found poolside volunteering at her daughter’s competitive swim team meets.
- The State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A. cum laude
- University at Buffalo School of Law
- SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association GOLD group, Executive Board Member
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Minority Bar Association of Western New York, Executive Board Member
- Nichols School Alumni Board, Board Member
- Up & Coming Attorney, The Daily Record (2018)
- Order of the Barristers (2016)
- Justice M. Dolores Denman Award (2016)
- Minority Bar Foundation of Western New York Award (2016)
- SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association GOLD Group Award (2016)
- Buffalo Niagara Mock Trial Competition, Quarterfinalist (2015)
- Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition, Regional Finalist (2014)
- John L. Hargrave Law Student Award (2014)