Lawlor F. Quinlan III
Lawlor F. Quinlan III is a trial attorney with a broad-based litigation practice. He has successfully represented severely injured individuals, defended physicians in medical malpractice lawsuits and licensing proceedings, defended attorneys in legal malpractice claims, defended a town supervisor in an action brought by the other members of the town board, represented policy holders in insurance coverage disputes, and represented individuals, corporations, institutions, and municipalities in a wide variety of other matters.
The notable client successes in which he has been involved include a $58.6 million verdict in favor of an injured athlete in 2003, which was ranked that year as one of the top 10 verdicts nationally by Lawyers Weekly USA. The award remains the largest unreduced verdict in the history of Erie County, NY. In 2015, Lawlor was co-counsel in a widely publicized trial that resulted in a significant settlement for the parents of a young woman killed by a drunk driver while riding her longboard.
Lawlor is a member of CONNORS LLP’s group that provides special representation to the Diocese of Buffalo. He also has provided pro bono representation to indigent refugees seeking relief from the Immigration Courts. For his work obtaining asylum for a refugee who had been the victim of gun attacks in Honduras, Lawlor received the Pro Bono award from the Erie County Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyers Project in 2015. Two years later, in 2017, he received the New York State Bar Association President’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Lawlor earned his B.A. with high honors from the University of Notre Dame’s Great Books Program, and his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law.
Did You Know? Lawlor is a volunteer and Board Member of the Response to Love Center, a community outreach center which focuses on the holistic treatment of poverty in Buffalo.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., with high honors
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Past Director, Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Bar Association of Erie County
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Lecturer, New York State Judicial Institute
- New York State Bar Association President’s Pro Bono Service Award
- Bar Association of Erie County, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Pro Bono Award
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Lawyers Weekly USA, Top 10 National Verdicts
- Martindale Hubbell, AV rated
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Buffalo Business First, Who’s Who in Law