Caitlin E. O'Neil
Caitlin E. O’Neil concentrates her practice on personal injury and the defense of licensed professionals.
Caitlin earned her A.B. cum laude from Mount Holyoke College, and returned to Buffalo following graduation and helped establish a tutoring program at a community center on the city’s West Side. Her work at the community center motivated her to attend law school, and she graduated cum laude from State University of New York at Buffalo Law School. While in law school, Caitlin was active in a number of programs in the law school’s Advocacy Institute, and was selected to represent the school in moot court and trial team competitions. In addition, Caitlin served as an editor of the Buffalo Law Review, and was a member of the Buffalo Moot Court Board.
While in law school, Caitlin served as a volunteer law student intern for the Hon. William S. Skretny, Chief Judge for the Western District of New York. She was also selected to serve as a student board member on the board of the Western New York chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, and continues to be active in the organization.
Did You Know? A staunch (or as her New England-based family members would argue, fanatical) supporter of Buffalo, Caitlin now serves on the board of her West Side block club. You also may have seen her Irish Dancing in the Buffalo St. Patrick’s Day parade.
- Mount Holyoke College, A.B., cum laude
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Erie County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Rising Champions for Justice, Board of Directors
- SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association GOLD Group, board member
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Advocacy Institute, Trial Team Instructor
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Mount Holyoke College Alumni Association, Buffalo Chapter
- Frederick Douglass 2014 Northeast Civil Rights Moot Court competition, Best Respondent Brief
- CALI award for Excellence in the subjects of Due Process and Administrative Law
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018