Vincent E. Doyle III
Vincent E. Doyle III is a recognized leader in the New York State legal community, having served as the 114th president of the New York State Bar Association, the nation’s largest and oldest voluntary state bar association. He is also a widely-respected commercial litigator whose practice includes serving as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial and other matters.
Vince’s practice focuses on contract, employment and other complex commercial disputes, as well as internal and governmental investigations. He regularly handles trials, appeals, arbitrations and mediations for corporate clients and individuals. Vince also regularly represents attorneys and a number of the region’s largest law firms, in litigation, disciplinary and ethical matters.
Vince has held a number of leadership positions with state and local bar associations, and has served on numerous government and independent panels seeking to improve the legal system. He served on the Board of Directors of the Bar Association of Erie County, and is a past president of the Erie County Aid to Indigent Prisoners Society, which administers the county’s assigned counsel program. Vince is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and serves on the panel that screens applicants for judicial appointment by the Governor of the State of New York.
Vince received the 2012 Lawyer of the Year Award from the Bar Association of Erie County, and a Distinguished Alumni Award from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, where he earned his J.D. magna cum laude. Vince earned his B.A. from Canisius College, with All College and English Honors.
Did You Know? Vince, his wife Kerry and their three children live in Elma, NY. He has coached each of his children in youth sports.
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Canisius College, B.A., cum laude
- 114th President, New York State Bar Association
- Director, Bar Association of Erie County
- Past President, Erie County Aid to Indigent Prisoners Society
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, New York’s Governor’s Judicial Screening Committee
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Bar Association of Erie County, Lawyer of the Year Award
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, Distinguished Alumni Award