Nicholas A. Romano
Nick’s broad-based practice includes criminal defense, civil litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and professional discipline.
Nick graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and earned his J.D. magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School. While in law school, Nick was selected to the Buffalo Law Review and in his second year was elected to the Law Review’s Editorial Board. He was also chosen to represent the school on its Trial Advocacy Team and in appellate moot court competitions across the country, including Pacific McGeorge School of Law’s National Ethics Trial Competition, in which his team advanced to the semifinals and he was named Top Advocate – Final Rounds. Nick was recognized for his trial advocacy skill and academic achievement with the Matthew J. Schnirel Memorial Scholarship. His performance in his evidence coursework and trial competitions involving the rules of evidence also earned him the faculty’s Moot Evidence Award upon graduation.
As a law student, Nick gained extensive insight into both civil and criminal litigation through clerkships at the Erie County District Attorney’s Office in Buffalo, and as a confidential student law clerk to the Hon. Richard J. Arcara, United States District Court for the Western District of New York. He has also served his law school as an instructor and guest lecturer for the SUNY Buffalo Law School Trial Advocacy Program.
From 2014 to 2017, Nick served as Deputy Town Attorney – Town Prosecutor for the Town of Cheektowaga, New York. As Town Prosecutor, he investigated and prosecuted violations of the New York State Penal Law, New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law, and the New York State and Town of Cheektowaga Building and Housing Codes.
Did You Know? Nick is a certified USA Hockey and NCAA official who has been selected to officiate the USA Hockey Tier I National Championships, New York State Amateur Hockey Association State Championships, National Collegiate Athletic Association and other international, national, and state tournaments and games. He also regularly volunteers to officiate the USA Hockey Disabled Hockey Festival and other special needs sled hockey.
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, B.S., magna cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Member
- New York State Bar Association – Criminal Justice Section, Executive Committee
- New York State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (Former)
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School Alumni Association – GOLD Group, Board of Directors
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
- Buffalo Law Review, Editorial Board
- SUNY Buffalo Moot Court Board
- The Moot Evidence Award
- The Matthew J. Schnirel Memorial Scholarship
- Pacific McGeorge School of Law’s National Ethics Trial Competition, Top Advocate—Final Rounds Award