Michael J. Roach
A partner at CONNORS LLP, Michael J. Roach is a seasoned trial attorney who focuses on the representation of physicians and other medical professionals in medical malpractice lawsuits. He has tried numerous cases to successful verdicts on behalf of his clients, including those involving brain damaged infants and catastrophically injured stroke victims. Michael also devotes a significant percentage of his practice to the representation of physicians and other health care professionals in investigations and disciplinary proceedings conducted by the New York State Department of Health.
In 2012, Michael was honored by the Bar Association of Erie County with the Charles H. Dougherty Award, presented annually to an attorney who exhibits the highest degree of professionalism and civility on a daily basis.
Michael is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Fellowship is conferred by invitation and is limited to a maximum of one-percent of the lawyers in any given state. He is also a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Michael is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for his work defending physicians in medical malpractice litigation, and has been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer each year since 2007.
Michael earned his J.D., magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, where he was responsible for editing professional and student articles. He also won the Robert J. Connelly Award, presented for excellence in trial technique. He earned his B.A. from Williams College, and is currently president of the Western New York Chapter of the Williams College Alumni Association.
Did You Know? After earning his undergraduate degree, Michael taught high school history and served as head varsity soccer coach at Tatnall School in Wilmington, Del.
- Williams College, B.A.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., magna cum laude
- President, Williams College Alumni Association, Western New York Chapter
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Director, Bar Association of Erie County
- Past Member, Nichols School Board of Trustees
- Past Treasurer, Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Director, Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Erie County, Charles H. Dougherty Award
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Buffalo Business First, Who’s Who in the Law
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell, AV rated